Canine-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Role Play Chat For All Canine Role Players and Artists

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rules and FAQ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deanna
Admin
Deanna

Rules and FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Rules and FAQ   Rules and FAQ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:28 pm

Just a few simple rules to fallow as your chatting away in this forum.

1) Please do not cyber. I dont want to see a bunch of people in here cybering, I dont care if you have mates and pups or whatever, but dont get into colorful detail about your character's sexual relations

2) No God Modeling. I dont care if your character is immortal and strong. its annoying.

3) No Killing Other People's Characters, unless the other person agrees to it dont kill someone else's character unless they have agreed to it, clearly.

4) No Suicide Talk I dont care if its your character talking about killing its self or you talking about killing yourself. It is annoying and makes alot of people mad. dont do it here.

5) Be Nice Seems simple enough right?

6) NO SPAMING Its annoying and no one wants to see it

I hope you guys have fun, post if you have any questions and I will answer them

Last edited by Deanna on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://whiteweasel.deviantart.com
KizuOkami

Rules and FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Hello   Rules and FAQ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:53 pm

I was just wondering what is role playing exactly? I always wanted to try it but I never knew what it was. Neutral Sorry, I'm knew at this ><
Back to top Go down
Deanna
Admin
Deanna

Rules and FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and FAQ   Rules and FAQ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:13 pm

KizuOkami wrote:
I was just wondering what is role playing exactly? I always wanted to try it but I never knew what it was. Neutral Sorry, I'm knew at this ><

Role playing using charatcer is like writing a story with another person, in this forum we use two different type s of role play depending on what type the thread creater decides to use.

Novel Role Play:

To put it shortly you are descrpibing what is around, what your character is doing, and what your character is saying, there are many different ways of doing this, you just have to chose which way you like best. Novel Role play generally has longer messages back and forth, mkost people get annoyed if you do not spend time typing out your messages

Example of Novel Role play:

Paul was laying in the meadow. The light wind brushed against his silver fur and made it shine in the morning sun. His head lay on his front paws and he closed his golden eyes. He has a good feeling about today. After warming up in the sun, he sat up and stretched out. He shook off and then headed down the meadow hill, towards the pond to get a drink

Notice that in this style of roleplay you are explaining in great detail what the character looks like and what it is doing.

Script role play is a quicker moving role play type. This type of roleplay you are writing it all out like you would be writing a scrpit to a movie or play.

Example:

Larry: Hello Smile

see now by typing the name Larry you are telling everyone that you are using a character named "larry", and by saying "hello" that is what your character is saying.

to show movement alot of people use dashes or stars ( -, *)

Example:

Larry: -jumps up and down like a crazy drooling nut-

by typing a action in the dashes that tells people that it is something that he is doing.

a script role play with responces would look something like this

Example:

Larry: -waves-

~Response~

Bob: -waves at Larry- Hello there Larry

~Response~

Larry: Hey Bob

you understand?
Back to top Go down
KizuOkami

Rules and FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and FAQ   Rules and FAQ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Deanna wrote:
KizuOkami wrote:

Role playing using charatcer is like writing a story with another person, in this forum we use two different type s of role play depending on what type the thread creater decides to use.

Novel Role Play:

To put it shortly you are descrpibing what is around, what your character is doing, and what your character is saying, there are many different ways of doing this, you just have to chose which way you like best. Novel Role play generally has longer messages back and forth, mkost people get annoyed if you do not spend time typing out your messages

Paul was laying in the meadow. The light wind brushed against his silver fur and made it shine in the morning sun. His head lay on his front paws and he closed his golden eyes. He has a good feeling about today. After warming up in the sun, he sat up and stretched out. He shook off and then headed down the meadow hill, towards the pond to get a drink

Notice that in this style of roleplay you are explaining in great detail what the character looks like and what it is doing.

Script role play is a quicker moving role play type. This type of roleplay you are writing it all out like you would be writing a scrpit to a movie or play.

Example:

see now by typing the name Larry you are telling everyone that you are using a character named "larry", and by saying "hello" that is what your character is saying.

Example:

by typing a action in the dashes that tells people that it is something that he is doing.

Example:

~Response~

~Response~

you understand?

Ya I think I get it. It sounds like fun actually. Sorry for my double question Razz
Back to top Go down
Deanna
Admin
Deanna

Rules and FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and FAQ   Rules and FAQ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:19 pm

KizuOkami wrote:
Deanna wrote:
KizuOkami wrote:

Novel Role Play:

Example:

Example:

Example:

~Response~

~Response~

you understand?

Ya I think I get it. It sounds like fun actually. Sorry for my double question Razz

It can be alot of fun, especially when roleplaying with multiple people and using a character that your really attached to Smile

and dont worry about the double question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules and FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and FAQ   Rules and FAQ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules and FAQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Canine-Chat :: Welcome To Canine-Chat-
Jump to: